All Text, Datas, PIC Copy right by only

I-League: Rangdajied United Go Down Fighting To United SC On Debut

22.09..2013 : KFC. | HOME PAGE


RUFC PRESS RELEASE : Rangdajied United FC couldn't produced their desired result in their first-ever I-League game as the debutants went down 0-2 to United SC at the Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata, today. Ranti Martins and Eric Brown got their name on the scoresheet for United SC. Rangdajied United started in a 5-3-2 system with all three registered foreigners - Lamine Tamba, Yohei Iwasaki and Edmar Figueira in the starting eleven.

With the match kicking off at 3pm in the afternoon, Rangdajied players, coming from a cold Shillong conditions, found it more difficult to get going in the hot and humid conditions of Kolkata than their counterparts. United SC had the first meaningful attack of the game with Eric Brown testing Rangdajied United goalkeeper Surajy Kumar Paryar with a cross-cum-shot. Minutes later, Paryar made a double save from a corner to deny the hosts.

Tapan Maity's flag kick was headed goalwards by Ranti Martins but Parya made a great stop and then showed good reflexes to save Vineeth's effort. Rangdajied were struggling to create chances from open play but created a few problems for the United SC defence from corners. Young Sandesh Gadkari produced a decent save off Sangram Mukherjee after skipper Eugeneson Lyngdoh's excellent delivery.

The Shillong club's best chance of the first half though fell to Brazilian Edmar who found himself unmarked from a Lyngdoh freekick but only managed a weak header. Japanese Iwasaki also had a good solo run as Rangdajied ended the half strongly but United SC's star striker Ranti Martins hit the woodwork from a freekick just before halftime.

Both teams struggled to get going in the second half also with no real attempt on goal in the first 15 minutes after the interval. However just after the hour mark Ranti nearly opened the scoring as he got away from his marker but put his effort narrowly wide. Minutes later, Dhanachandra Singh also went close for United SC from a corner.

With Rangdajied struggling to get into the game, coach Santosh Kashyap replaced Edmar with Bansharai Sun. However it was United SC who went in front through Ranti as the Nigerian headed home Eric Brown's well-measured freekick. The visitors produced a decent response after going behind as Elam Abocha Singh tested Sangram Mukherjee from 30 yards.

But the purple shirts doubled their advantage in the 75th minute when Brown and Ranti exchanged passes with the former slotting past Paryar. Rangdajied tried their best to come back into the contest but in the end had to settle for a losing start. Lamenting their missed chances, coach Santosh Kashyap said, "We paid the price for missing chances in the first-half as United SC showed their experience in the second half and tied us down."

"Moreover, the heat and humidity also slowed us down. But as the season progress, we will have to adjust to these conditions. I have faith in my boys and we will bounce back," added Kashyap.

I-League 2013-14:Bengaluru FC hold Mohun Bagan at home tie

22.09.2013 : KFC. | HOME PAGE


Bengaluru FC 1-1 Mohun Bagan (Bengaluru - FT..)

BFC : Pawan, John, Vishal, Curtis, Keegan, Siam, Thoi, Malemnganba, Beikhokhei, Johny, Rooney.
MMB : Sandip, Eche, Wahid, Aibor, Ravinder, Zakeer, Denson, Adil, Yusa, Sabeeth, Eric
REPORT-Bangaluru FC Press Release : Bengaluru FC put up impressive show on debut in 1-1 draw against Bagan. Bangalore: Bengaluru FC's blue brigade were minutes short of crowning a fairytale start to their debut I-League season but conceded in the last minute to draw 1-1 against Mohun Bagan in front of a packed Bangalore Football Stadium, in Bangalore, on Sunday.

Bengaluru FC coach Ashley Westwood started with striker Sean Rooney and the Australian justified the choice with a smart tap in from a Vishal Kumar cross in the 49th minute that sent the home fans into raptures. Rooney and Bengaluru FC had the best chance to make it 2-0 only two minutes later when Keegan Pereira was brought down in the box. Rooney struck the penalty hard but Bagan 'Keeper Sandip Nandy guessed correct.

Early in the game, Bengaluru FC found themselves on the wrong side of a penalty decision when Pereira tripped Katsumi Yusa in the box. With no Odafa on the team, Yusa stepped up to take the penalty only to see it saved by Bengaluru 'keeper Pawan Kumar. Yusa was a constant threat but lacked support. He even grazed the bar twice. CS Sabeeth pulled off Bagan's rescue act, heading home from a corner in injury time.

It was one-way traffic for most spells of the game with Bengaluru FC passing the ball around smartly. Midfielder John Menyongar was orchestrating things in the middle and the wings played a perfect second fiddle. Giving good advertisement of the club's attacking style of play, Westwood threw in Sunil Chhetri and Robin Singh. The two instantly combined in a move that should have finished with a goal. Singh launched one from the right straight at Chhetri's feet but the club captain fired wide.

Bagan coach Karim Bencherifa was happy with the result and admitted that Bengaluru FC would be the team to watch this season. "They gave a really good account of themselves and will be the team to watch. In a month you will come back and tell me that we earned a point here," he said.

Westwood was a bit disappointed at not having walked away with three points he thought his boys deserved. "We do feel hard done but that's how it is. We played some good football but were left to rue our finishing. The boys have worked hard all through pre-season and it's showing. The crowd was fantastic today and we want them to keep backing us like the way they did," said Westwood.

In what was a seemingly harsh decision, Bengaluru FC midfielder Thoi Singh got sent off for a second bookable foul toward the end of the game. Bagan too had a chance in the dying minutes of added time when Eric Muranda was set free on the left. However, a superb tackle by John Johnson made sure Bengaluru weren’t robbed. Benglauru FC winger Malemnganba Meitei was awarded man of the match.

LIVE : SUBHO RANJAN -- Bangalore

90+3': Scoreline is 1-1. Match end. Bagan hold BFC in Sabeet's last minute goal.
91': GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:: Bagan Equalized. Sabeeth score.
89': RED CARD:: Thoi Singh of BFC
88': 1-0 is the scoreline still for BFC.
86': More and more attack of BFC in Bagan defence, Chettri took a chance to score.
83': 7 minute to go can Mohun Bagan equalize the score line?
81': PLAYER CHANGE : BFC : Robin Sing in Malem out.
80': PLAYER CHANGE : MMB : Sankar Oraw in Adil Khan out.
75': Still Bengaluru FC is leading 1-0.
70': PLAYER CHANGE : BFC : Rino Anto in and Vishal out.
68': Free kick of YUSA great shto but hits the post.
65': In front of 10000 strong and jam packed stadium home side BFC is leading 1-0.
61': Yusa's shot hits the post.
60': Still Bengaluru is leading 1-0.
56': PLAYER CHANGE : BFC : Sunil Chhetri in and Bekhokhei out.
54': PLAYER CHANGE : MMB : Nicolou in and Ravinder out.
52': Sandeep saved a penalty as Iche fouled keegan Pereira, Referee awarded penalty against Bagan. Rooney now missed it.
50': GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:: Rooney score for BFC off Vishal's pass.
46': PLAYER CHANGE : MMB : Kingshuk in and Wahid out.
46': 2nd half match starts.
HT : It's half time now. 0-0.
45': Added time 1 miniute.
42': Yellow Card: Wahid of Bagan for touching the ball with his hands.
38': Attack of BFC, Sandip well saved a shot of Johnson.
38': 0-0 is the scoreline.
28': Yellow card to BFC player Thoi Singh free kick for MMB.
28': Still the score line is 0-0.
20': Still 0-0 is the scoreline.
18': Yellow card to Aibor for a foul.
18': Same score line 0-0.
13': Still no score in the match.
9': Penalty missed by MMB - Yusa.
8': Mohun Bagan got penaly as Keegasn Perira fouled Yusa.
5': STill no score in the match.

I-League: Shillong Lajong beat Dempo 3-0 in away

22.09.2013 : KFC. | HOME PAGE


22.09.2013: Dempo SC   0-3   Shillong Lajong
SIL: Glen 30', 72', Boithang 34',

DEM : Subhasish, Debabrato, Simon, Honda, Samir, Jewel, Mandar, Clifford, Peter, Billy, Beto
SIL: Wailad, Minchol, Milan, Cornell, Taisuke, Lallamzuala, Boithang, Jibon, Robin, Uilliam, Vinay.

A Perfect Start: Shillong Lajong FC Down Five Time Indian Champions Dempo SC in Goa.

SLFC PRESS RELEASE : In what was the Perfect Start to the season, Shillong Lajong brought down 5 time National league Champions Dempo SC to their knees, humbling the Goan giants by three goals to Nil, at their very own turf, at the Duler Stadium in Goa. The Reds kicked off proceedings by controlling possession of the ball. The possession paid through in the 30th minute, Uilliams released the ball to fellow team mate Cornell Glen who dribbled past through two defenders and found the net with a brilliant curling shot.

The goal surely marked a sign of intent from the Reds, who looked bent on breaking the "Away" jinx. In the 38th Minute, the visiting team earned a free kick outside the box and Midfielder Boithang Haokip known for his free kicks, made the home team pay for their mistake with a wonderful free kick, which found its way into the right corner of the goal, doubling the lead for Shillong Lajong.

It surely looked all but over for the home side, as they went into the break trailing by Two goals.

As the second half went underway, the home team struggled to gain any control and rhythm of the match and made their first substitution in the 55th minute, with Indian International Jeje replacing Mandar Rao. Dempo then tried to consolidate and played with a much attacking intent, but a stellar defensive display from the Reds thwarted any attempts on goal.

The game was then put to bed in the 67th minute, when Lajong Captain Minchol Son found Glen with a long ball, who managed to turn and scored from a difficult angle.

The match won, Lajong made their first substitution in the 73rd minute when Subash Singh replaced Uilliams. With 12 minutes remaining, Dempo created a good chance when a shot by Beto found substitute Joy Ferrao, who unfortunately hit the top right corner of the post. Cornell Glen was later substituted by Tuboi, who made his first I-league appearance after a year.

The final whistle approaching, the Reds were now like a knitted machine, playing out the final moments of the game as calm as they would. Moments later, the referee’s whistle sounded, to confirm Lajong’s biggest away victory, handing them the important 3 points.

The match would be remembered as one of Lajong's most memorable victories, and if this is a sign of things to come, the 2013-14 seasons would be "THE" season for the Reds to capitalise on the positive start, as they begin their Rite of Passage in the I-league, yet again.

It is indeed still a long way for the rest of the season, but with so many positives from the match,the reds can surely look forward to a bright and pivotal season ahead.