All Text, Datas, PIC Copy right by only

I-League : Pune FC hold Salgaocar in away 1-1.

22.11.2013 : KFC. | HOME PAGE

22.11.2013: SALGAOCAR   1-1   PUNE FC ( FT - GOA)
SAL : Duffy 4'
PFC : Mustapha 61'-------- MOM : Arata Izumi (PFC)

SAL : Karanjit, Gnakpa, Chika, Matthew, Augustine, Fulgancio, Fransis, Rocus, Cliffton, Duffy.
PFC : Arminder, Gurjinder, Srikant, Anas, Subhash, Mumtaz, Meyer, Nikhil, Douhou, Musthafa, Arata.

PUNE FC PRESS RELEASE : Pune FC continued to keep within striking range of the top-spot after rallying to hold Salgaocar FC 1-1 in an I-League Round 10 encounter at the Duler Stadium in Mapusa, Goa on Friday. Striker Darryl Duffy (4th minute) put Salgaocar in in the lead early on in the game before striker Riga Mustapha (60th) equalised for Pune FC from the penalty spot.

With a point each, both sides held on to their positions with Salgaocar FC (1st, 18 pts) staying just a point above Pune FC (2nd, 17 pts). With a lot at stake in this encounter, Pune FC Coach Mike Snoei made two changes to the starting line-up bringing in winger James Meyer and 'keeper Amrinder Singh in place of Anthony D'Souza and Arup Debnath. Likewise defender Zohmingliana Ralte was the other addition to the matchday squad.

Pune FC began the game by conceding just four minutes after kick-off. Left-back Gurjinder Kumar headed a ball back to goalkeeper Amrinder, but found striker Duffy lurking inside the box. The Scotsman capitalised and tapped in with the Pune FC custodian having no chance. At the other end, striker Riga went on a run down the left flank but was checked by the Salgaocar defense.

Thereafter, Pune FC settled into the game, and around the quarter hour mark, Riga once again went close. Only this time the striker was dispossessed inside the box by defender Augustin Fernandes. At the other end, Amrinder did well to come out and head the ball to safety in front of striker Claude Gnakpa on a counter.

A minute later, winger Nikhil Kadam went close. After playmaker Douhou Pierre's attempt to Riga on the run was intercepted by Gilbert Oliviera, Nikhil snatched the rebound but saw his effort going straight into the rival custodian Karanjit Singh. Midway through the half, Gurjinder came up with a timely block to deny Duffy who controlled Francis Fernandes' cross in from the left before releasing a powerful shot.

Moments later, medio Arata Izumi tried to open up space for Mumtaz Akhtar on the run only for a timely interception by Salgaocar's Augustin. Thereafter, defenders Gurjinder and Ranjan Singh blocked a couple of attempts from Francis minutes past the half-hour mark. Pune FC went into the break trailing by a goal.

Coach Snoei made the first change at the half-time bringing in striker Thongkhosiem Haokip to replace Arata and add firepower upfront. Seven minutes on and Pune FC survived a close call when Ranjan Singh let Clifton Pereira outpace him resulting in a shot on goal that Amrinder blocked.

Settling into a midfield battle, Pune FC finally equalised through striker Riga at the hour mark. After Douhou Pierre was brought down inside the box by defender Chika Wali, Riga stepped up and converted from the spot to score his first goal in Pune FC colours. The goal spurred Pune FC who once again went close moments later. Douhou's curling effort was punched out by Karanjit and fell for Nikhil whose volley, however, went wide.

Six minutes later, Salgaocar went close through Duffy and Clifton Dias but both attempts went wide from close range. Going into the final ten minutes, Pune FC kept on pressing for the winner. Riga once again got into the box on the left, but went agonisingly wide.

Both teams tried to find the winner in the final moments of the match and Pune FC went the closest. Three minutes into injury time, substitute Shanmugam Venkatesh - on for Meyer - blasted his attempt excruciatingly wide from inside the box as the match ended 1-1.

I-League : First ever Shillong Derby ended 1-1..

22.11.2013 : KFC. | HOME PAGE

SLFC : (Glenn 74')
RUFC : (Yohei 25')

SLFC : Vinoy, MinChol-Son, L.Zuala, Shadap, Robin, Taisuke, Milan, Haokip, Uilliams, Glenn, Subhash.
RUC : Subrata, Joy, Gourmangi, Tamba, Yohei, Tomba, Lyngdoh, Tomas, Manandeep, Ho-Jun, David............... MOM : Yohei (RJD)

RUFC PRESS RELEASE : The first ever I-League Shillong derby between Shillong Lajong and Rangdajied United ended in a 1-1 draw at the Polo Ground on Friday. Yohei Iwasaki opened the scoring for Rangdajied in the 18th minute, while Lajong equalized through a well-taken Boithang Haokip free-kick, with forward Cornell Glen seemingly getting the final touch.

In the historic clash of the crosstown rivals, Rangdajied coach Santosh Kashyap gave starts to four of his new loan signings - Subrata Paul, Gouramangi Singh, Manandeep Singh and Tomba Singh. The blues started off as the brighter side, and in-form winger David Ngaite forced a diving save from Lajong custodian in the 5th minute itself, after he unleashed a powerful shot from an acute angle.

A few minutes later, Manandeep Singh headed over a cross from the right flank, as the deadlock remained. The blues kept up the pressure, and with the game having passed the quarter hour mark, Rangdajied were awarded a corner kick. Hon jun Shin sent in a brilliant ball, as Yohei Iwasaki headed in to give his side the lead. The Rangdajied fans erupted in joy, while the reds inside the stadium were mummed into silence.

In the 30th minute, Cornell Glen was put through towards the Rangdajied goal, which forced Subrata Paul to come off his line and rescue Rangdajied. Shillong Lajong slowly started seeing more of the ball, as the blues were content in defending their lead. The players went into the break with the score at 1-0 in Rangdajied's favour.

After the break, Rangdajied adopted a strategy of sitting back and playing on the break. Santosh Kashyap brought in Restom Khriam, Bhola Prasad and Elam Abocha Singh to stop the Lajong midfield from causing any damage up ahead. The reds continued to pile up pressure on the blues, but weren't given much space up front.

Manandeep Singh meanwhile had a good chance to have a go at the Lajong goal withone defender marking him, but the forward failed to hold on to a cross from the right flank, as Lajong players heaved a sigh of relief. At the other end, Subrata Paul made a point-blank save from a Taisuke Matsugae header as the scores remained 1-0 in favour of the blues.

In the 71st minute, however, a well-taken free-kick from Lajong's Boithang Haokip stooped dangerously towards the box, and the Rangdajied defence was left open by the ball's movement. The ball went into the goal, with replays hinting Cornell Glen as the one who got the final touch.

With the scores now level, Rangdajied United tightened things at the back. Lajong failed to have a sniff at goal, as the blues slowed things down. The game ended with the score at 1-1, as both sets of fans clapped the players off the pitch.

With a well-earned point in the bag, Rangdajied United will next travel to Pune to take on Mumbai FC on 27th November.