10 men Mumbai FC hold Sporting at HOME

27/02/16 : MUMBAI FC 2-2 SPORTING GOA - FT
MFC : Ryuki 18, Jayesh Rane 54'
SCG : Mahmoud 7', Victorino Fernandez 60'

MFC : Sandip, Ashutosh, Pratik, Clyde, Caldeira, Steven Dias, Mirza, NP Pradeep, Kozawa, Sushil, Brown

SCG : Arindam, Mehraj, Loveday, Ravanan, Fulgancio, Denson, Mahamoud, Pratesh, Ganesh, Nicholas, Odafa.

FT 10 men Mumbai FC hold Sporting Goa 2-2 at home.
90': 5 min added time, SCORE LINE MFC 2-2 SCG
60': GOOOOOOOOOAAALLL 2-2. Victorino equalized.
54': GOOOOOOOOOOOaaaLLL 10 men Mumbai FC scored through Jayesh Rane. 2-1 now for MFC.
50': 1-1 remain.
HT : 1-1.
35': SCORE LINE : 1-1.
22': Chance Missed - SCG. Sandip well collected a free kick of Mehraj.
18': GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAaLL : 1-1. Ryuki Kozawa equalized.
13': Y/C - Ganesh of Sporting.
7': GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAALLL : 1-0 to sporting. Mahmoud Amnah scored from counter attack.

SCG MEDIA : Mumbai FC and Sporting played out a high intensity 2 – 2 draw at Cooperage stadium in Mumbai on Saturday. Mahmoud Al Amnha’s 7th minute goal was cancelled off by Ryuki Kozawa in the 18th minute to keep the score line 1 – 1 at half time which also saw Mumbai captain NP Pradeep being sent off for his second yellow in the added time of the first half. The second half saw Mumbai FC manage an early lead through Jayesh Rane in the 53rd minute while super sub Victorino Fernandes put things on level in the 59th minute. This draw means Sporting makes their way back to 4th Spot with 12 points while Mumbai FC stay at 6th with 10.

The match was off to an electrifying start as Sporting clearly took control making their first real attempt well within 5 minutes. In the 7th minute Odafa Okolie send in a beautiful pass to Mahmoud Al Amnha who made no mistake giving the visitors a perfect start. Mumbai FC looked to get back through Sushil Kumar and Ryuki Kozawa a couple of times but it was the latter who latched on to a free kick from Pratik Chowdhary in the 18th minute to dink the ball above Arindam getting the equalizer for home side. Mumbai FC was forced to make a substitution early as Sandip Nandy got himself injured brining on Pawan Kumar.

Towards the closing stages of first half Nicholas Fernandes , Odafa Okolie and Sushil Kumar had their chances but failed to convert any of them. Just at the brink of half time Mumbai FC captain N.P.Pradeep picked up his second yellow to get his marching orders from the referee, reducing Mumbai to 10 men. The score stayed 1 – 1 at the half time.

The second half saw the fortunes swing either ways as Jayesh Rane who came in for Mirza gave an early lead to the home side when he managed to send in a low shot through the legs of Arindam. Just when Mumbai FC players felt it was going down well for them, the Sporting Gaffer Mateus Costa unleashed his fire power through Victorino who replaced a tiring Mahmoud upfront. The gamble paid off instantly as Victorino slotted home within 2 minutes of his introduction when he found himself at the end of a Pratesh Shirodkar cross after catching Pawan Kumar off guard in the 59th minute.

After this goal both teams tried to finish it off in style with Mumbai coming close through Sushil Kumar and Kozawa who’s back to back attempts were cleared by Loveday from the goal line. On the other end Victorino and Seriton came one on one against Pawan Kumar but both failed to make the golden opportunity count. The match ended in an entertaining 2 – 2 draw with both teams failing to make a gazillion opportunities count.