02.02.2013.2012 : .KFC. | www.kolkatafootball.com HOME PAGE

02.02.2013: AIR INDIA   1-4   UNITED SC (PUNE - 90+ 4' FT)
USC : Ranti 23', Vineeth 37', 39', 48'
Air : Elija Jr.(Pen 72')
Y/C : Souvik (Air), Anupam (USC)
AIR : Jagroop, Micky, Gagandeep, Ramendeep, Baldeep, Souvik, Elija Jr., Thorat, Henry. Rahul, Lepcha.
USC : Sangram, Bello, Anupan, Deepak, Dhanachandra, Lalkamal, Asif K, Vineth CK, Tulunga, Lalmohon, Ranti.

AIFF RELEASE: CK Vineeth pumped in three goals in the space of 11 minutes to complete a personal hattrick as Prayag United SC thrashed host Air India 4-1 in the Round 19 match of the I-League Football championship at the Balewadi Stadium here on Saturday.

Midfielder Vineeth played upfront for most part of the match and chanced on every ball sent to him to leave Air India defence in tatters on a balmy day when the home team missed one penalty through Elijah Junior before he scored a consolation goal, again through a spot kick. League top scorer Ranty Martins opened the scoring for Prayag United in the 30th minute before Vineet fired three in a quick succession in a show of total dominance on the turf where they had lost to Mumbai FC only a fortnight ago.

The win boosted Prayag United tally to 30 points from 19 matches, tied with Pune FC, are playing evening match against Salgaocar SC. The loss has put Air India on notice and they will stay at No 11 with 15 points from 16 matches.

After 30 minutes of testing each other, Prayag United took the initiative and went straight into the Air India forte. Dhanachandra Singh almost put Eelco Schattorie's side ahead, but his header hit the crosspiece and rebounded out.

It was Ranty who opened the scoring in the 30th minute when K Asif set up Vineeth, who in-turn guided the ball to Ranti, who made no mistakes in putting in from a close range. Prayag pushed ahead again in the 36th minute when Ranti and Malsawm T Syhlo combined well to cut through Air India defence. In the ensuing corner taken by Lalkamal Bhowmick, Prayag failed to get the opening, but then Vineeth happened in the very next minute.

That goal opened the floodgates and Air India defence started showing signs of fatigue. Again Asif found an unmarked Vineeth, who lobbed the ball over Air India keeper Jagroop Singh. Air India had hardly recovered from the blow when Bhowmick found Deepak Mondal on the right wing, and his long cross into the box was volleyed home powerfully by Vineeth, to make it 3-0 for Prayag.

Air India tried hard when Ong Lepcha sent a cross from right for Elijah Junior, whose deflection went off the side post. Barely two minutes had passed after the resumption and Vineeth completed his hat-trick on a cross from Rasaq Bello.

Air India had a few chances to salvage when Prayag's Anupam Sarkar handled the ball in the box. But the spot kick taken by Junior went in vain as his tame drive was easily pushed out by Sangram Mukherjee. Junior was though, given a second chance in the 72nd minute, when Rasaq apparently brought down Prakash Thorat and this time the Nigerian made no mistake and made it 4-1.

Ezeh Henry then had a good chance in the remaining minutes of the game, when he beat past Sangram but then casually rolled the ball towards an empty net. Onrushing Rasaq countered and cleared the ball. Prayag on the other side too had a flurry of chances, but Shankar Oraon, Lalmohan Hansdah and Ranti were wasted chances in front of the goal.


02.02.2013.2012 : GFA RELEASE...KFC. | www.kolkatafootball.com HOME PAGE

02.02.2013: DEMPO SC   2-2   MUMBAI FC (Duler - FT.)
DEM : Carvalho 86', Koko 89'.
MFC : (Evan 41', Opara 68')
Red Card ; James Singh (MFC-87'), Miranda (DEM-90')

DEM : Subhasish, Selwin, Antao, Rowilson, Rebello, Clifford, Godwin, Climax, Anthony, Abranches, Seuoka.

Super subs saved Dempo from defeat against Mumbai FC Super substitutes Peter Carvalho and Koko Sakibo scored late in the second half to help Dempo to hold Mumbai FC to a 2-2 draw in the 19th round of the of the I-League, played at Duler stadium, Mapusa, here today.

Mumbai FC who looked a better side of the two scored a goal in each half through Evans Quao(40th) and N D Opara(67th) and were set to win before two late goals from substitutes Peter Carvalho(83rd) and Koko Sakibo(89) helped Dempo save from the jaws of defeat.

With today's draw Dempo takes their points 35 from 18 matches, four points adrift from East Bengal who moved at the top of the table with 39 points displacing Churchill Brothers to second place. While Mumbai took their tally to 26 points from 18 matches.

Dempo who are dropped to third position, knows that they cannot afford drop points further in defense of their title started positively and even found the net early in the 9th minute through Joaquim Abranches header but was ruled off-side by the referee.

But the goan side committed lot of errors in the middle which allowed the visitors to take control in the midfield as the match wore on and they came close to score on few occasions but Opara twice and Gabriel shot wide off the target. However their persistant moves paid dividend as they took the lead in the 40th minute when Nichols Rodrigues free-kick from the right hit the bar and the ball fell on the path of Evans Quao who shot home to have Mumbai FC leading 1-0 at half time.

Dempo looked far from impressive in the second half also as their free flowing in the middle were missing which allowed the Mumbai side to dictate terms and Dempo keeper Chowdhury averted another danger when he blocked a fierce shot from Gabriel Fernandes but their citadel eventually fell in the 67th minute when N D Opara who was free on the left essayed a firm 35-yards shot that beat the keeper Chowdhury and found the far corner of the net.

Down by two goals, Dempo coach Armando made two changes bringing in Peter Carvalho and Koko Sakibo and the move paid off as Peter Carvalho reduced the margin in the 83rd minute when he found the net off a cross from Anthony Pereira. Three minute later Mumbai FC were reduced to ten men after James Singh received his second yellow card and Dempo took the advantage of the numerical figure and found the equalier through substiute Koko Sakibo who found the net off Clifford Miranda cross to save his team from defeat.

19th Round: Pune FC go down to Salgaocar FC AT HOME.

02.02.2013.2012 : PFC RELEASE...KFC. | www.kolkatafootball.com HOME PAGE

02.02.2013: PUNE FC   0-2   SALGAOCAR (PUNE - FT..)
SAL: Francis 2', 44'
PFC: Abhra, Tabia, Anas, Chika, Gurjinder, Arata, Douhou, Mumtaz, Karma, Jeje, Subash
SAL: Karanjit, Cardozo, Augustin, Milagres, Colaco, Luciano, Josimar, Rocus, Randeep, Francis, Wilkinson

Pune FC went down 0-2 to Salgaocar FC in an I-League Round 19 encounter at the Shivchhatrapati Sports Complex, Balewadi in Pune on Saturday. A Francis Fernandes brace (2nd & 45th minute) in the first half settled the tie in the visitor's favour. With this loss Pune FC stay joint 4th with 30 points from 17 games while Salgaocar FC stay 11th with 17 points from 18 games.

The hosts were reduced to 10 men into the final moments of the game after defender Gurjinder Kumar received his marching orders. The visitors took the lead inside two minutes when Francis controlled Randeep Singh's cross into the before slotting past Pune FC custodian Abhra Mondal.

The hosts soaked pressure in the first ten minutes before coming out of the shell to create their moves. Karma Tsewang's cross in from the left was headed straight into the keeper by striker Jeje Lalpekhlua. Minutes later, Jeje's attempt was once again blocked by keeper Karanjit Singh after playmaker Douhou Pierre sent him through. The game turned more physical and Salgaocar's skipper Luciano Sobrosa was stretchered off to be replaced by Ojimi Obaiola.

Salgaocar doubled their lead on the stroke of half-time as Francis completed his brace. Ojimi's snapshot from the left was blocked by Abhra but the rebound fell for an onrushing Francis who scored. Pune FC started pushing ahead in search of a goal in the second half, however finishing in the final third let them down. Substitute James Moga's cross for Arata Izumi inside the box was just too high to connect.

Midway through the second half, Karma's long ball into the box was misjudged by Karanjit however the ball went wide at the far post. Five minutes later, midfielder Mumtaz Akhtar's shot was blocked by substitute keeper Vinay Singh ahead of Moga and Karma's rebound went just over. Pune FC had several chances in the closing moments of the game, but failed to convert and were left disappointed.